Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 20 care homes across the country, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
Reporting to the Clinical Care Manager, the Lead Nurse is responsible for ensuring a high level of care is provided to our residents and meets the code of conduct and company procedures.
The Lead Nurse will support the Clinical Care Manager providing leadership to the clinical team providing strong clinical knowledge to ensure the highest standards are achieved in all areas of the home including relationship centered care, clinical care and dementia care.
- Lead, support and inspire the clinical team to deliver outstanding care, deputising in the absence of the Clinical Care Manager as required.
- Support the leadership of the clinical team to ensure they are aligned with the Hallmark vision and are operating from the Hallmark Charter.
- Support in the recruitment and training of the clinical team; ensuring the supervisions and appraisals are completed when necessary.
- Ensure care plans are regularly audited and that they are appropriate to the residents needs and reflect the care being delivered.
You will be:
- Outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- Ethical. We do things the right way, and live by our Charter.
- Qualified RN/RGN/RMN with a Dementia Qualification for a care home environment.
- Experienced within a care home environment, and minimum of two years’ in a shift leadership/management role.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work - Life balance.
Hallmark Care Homes are committed to creating COVID-19 safe environments for all residents and team members. Although the Welsh Government has not yet made vaccinations mandatory for everyone working within a care home environment, Hallmark Care Homes require all team members to have had at least one covid vaccination with the intention of having the second vaccination. If you have not already had a vaccination and do not intend to and do not have an evidenced exemption, unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application at this time.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.