YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America's Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- 2021 People Companies that Care
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Basic PurposeTo interview and counsel members about first mortgage loans and to take mortgage loan applications. To establish and maintain personal relationship with members, and to guide and follow their mortgage loans from initial application through the loan closing process. To determine applicants' qualifications; providing detailed information about Navy Federal's mortgage and equity loan products; clarify complexities of the mortgage/equity loan process; and evaluate, personalize, and recommend financing alternatives. To build and maintain referral relationships with realtors, builders, and other centers of influence.
- Analyze referred loans for areas of concern and determine proper course of action (e.g., obtain explanations for derogatory credit)
- Determine and advise members on approved loan conditions and documentation requirements
- Ensure progress and inclusion of required mortgage processing information (e.g., verifications of employment, assets, income and liabilities, appraisal reports, Navy Federal and investor requirements, etc.)
- Maintain contact with the member, Realtor and/or seller during the entire loan process
- Monitor mortgage loan process and ensure compliance with Federal laws, as well as, Navy Federal, NCUA and secondary market practices, guidelines, and regulations
- Remain available to members and/or their real estate agents during scheduled evening hours after assigned workdays and during scheduled hours on assigned days off (e.g., weekends)
- Request and obtain documentation needed and forward to Mortgage Processor
- Respond to inquiries about mortgage applications, processing status, problems, and concerns
- Seek and leverage opportunities to conduct outside marketing and promotional activities to members and potential members through financial presentations, local events and realtor/trade shows and events
- Take first mortgage loan applications via face-to-face interview, mail, and telephone
- Resolve or arrange for resolution of operational/processing issues, inquiries, and complaints
- Respond to inquiries and resolve any issues concerning the processing of applications
- Review application for completeness, data integrity and accuracy; determine if additional information and/or supporting documentation is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with automated systems
- Effective database and presentation software skills
- Effective skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
- Familiarity with accounting, credit, and/or lending principles and techniques
- Experience in member/customer service preferably in a related field/industry, such as realty, insurance, retail banking or financial institution
- Exposure to lending application and approval process
- Familiarity with mortgage lending concepts and principles
- Familiarity with banking/financial industry standards and practices
- Effective skill in actively guiding members through interactions to reduce member effort and enhance member loyalty
- Effective skill in comprehending, analyzing, applying, and communicating complex written legal documents
- Effective skill speaking and/or presenting in front of groups in a professional setting
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal Mortgage Production and/or Servicing Systems
- Working knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations
- Familiarity with mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for VA and conventional loan programs
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Greater Pensacola Operations - 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr, Pensacola, FL 32526
- Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Pay range for this position is: $20.50 - $25.50 Hourly
- Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish pay ranges the enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the pay range, based on your experience, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.