Ref #: 30825
Employee Type: Full Time
Date published: 23-Jun-2022
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO has developed a robust $40+ billion alternatives platform. With over 15 years of alternatives experience, PIMCO has incorporated the firm’s investment discipline and unique sourcing capabilities with alternatives-specific talent and resources. PIMCO offers a diverse set of hedge fund, risk premia, private credit and real estate strategies that emanate from core PIMCO capabilities across global macro, quant, commodities, credit, residential and commercial real estate markets.
PIMCO has recently created an asset management division within the alternatives platform. The newly formed loan portfolio asset management team supports both the European Residential desk as well as the European Special Situations desk in managing loan portfolio investments post acquisition. The focus is on maximizing returns through hands on, proactive management of the assets and servicers, as well as improved surveillance and reporting.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an Asset Manager based in London to focus on surveillance and analytics of granular loan portfolios. The role is pan-European and covers many granular asset classes and types of transaction, with a focus on both performing and non/re-performing loans, primarily in residential and consumer credit asset classes.
- Develop and maintain the team’s day-to-day activities in relation to portfolio data ingestion, surveillance analytics and modelling, working closely with colleagues in PIMCO’s Analytics, Risk, Finance, Business Management and Portfolio Management teams
- Create analytical outputs which
- help provide governance and strategic guidance to external third party servicers,
- inform internal deal review and
- influence new underwriting decisions
- Support acquisitions/originations of loan portfolios by assisting negotiation with loan servicers and designing governance and reporting requirements.
- 5 years + experience in analysis of loan portfolio performance within an asset manager, investment bank, regulator or servicing company
- Excellent data handling, modelling and analytical skills Strong understanding of European consumer lending markets
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of loan workout strategies across NPL markets
- Familiarity and working knowledge of portfolio sale agreements, servicing contracts, financing documentation, regulation, reporting and cash management in European Structured Finance
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and strategies that enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk
- Ability to work across the organization with portfolio managers, account managers, product managers and others in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office