Our market-leading UK transactional real estate business is growing.
We are now looking for a Property Development Lawyer with 4+ years’ PQE to join our team in Glasgow
If you would like to be part of our successful team, then read on…
Did you know?
- We employ over 400 specialist real estate lawyers in the UK
- Our market leading practice is consistently recognised in the top tiers by both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners
- We are well connected to help make introductions , our clients include regional, national and global organisations in the public and private sectors, including investors, developers, banks and central and local government
- Law Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2021
- Property Team of the Year at The British Legal Awards 2017 & 2019
Don’t take our word for it…
“Full-service real estate practice acting for an impressive roster of blue-chip clients. Noted for its adept handling of investment, asset management and development matters, with expertise across a broad range of sectors, including commercial, automotive and retail. Regularly handles large residential development schemes and also enjoys a fine reputation for its real estate work in the energy and infrastructure spaces.”
Chambers and Partners 2022
Putting the role in context
Our team – you will be in good company!
Our Glasgow Team is listed as Tier 1 in Legal 500 and Chambers in Commercial Property for the region.
We have a market leading team with who regularly advise clients on the most significant development and investment transactions in the Scottish market offering impressive development and investment capabilities to an array of high-profile clients including national developers, institutions, investors, funds and leading house builders. We are frequently retained to advise on large-scale urban regeneration projects, city centre redevelopments and largescale residential development schemes.
Katharine Hardie leads our Scottish property group and concentrates her practice on commercial development and urban regeneration schemes. She regularly assists clients with structuring and delivering strategic developments. Katharine is the current Chair of Scotland for the firm.
Paul Connolly operates in the Real estate sector, specialising in the delivery of complex, high value, multi-party development projects.
Martin Devine is dual-qualified in England and Wales and also Scotland. He specialises in property, focusing on complex property development projects, investment transactions and property aspects of restructuring/insolvency deals.
Tom Ferrier leads our investment and asset management team in Scotland.
Lesley Anne Todd has a wide range of commercial real estate experience with a background in development and investment acquisition, asset management and disposals.
We have a strong forward book of business, supported by significant and long-standing client relationships, including:
- City of Glasgow Council
- HFD Group
- LCN Capital Partners
- Legal & General UK Build to Rent Fund
- Lovell Partenrship
- Motor Fuel Group
- Robertson Homes
- Strathclyde Pension Fund
- Wheatley Housing Group
What our clients say about us:
‘Katharine Hardie and Paul Connolly both know the market very well and both have a good balance of commercial acumen and protecting our interests, whilst understanding the other side’.
‘Katharine Hardie is extremely knowledgeable and experienced’.
‘All individuals we have had involved in our workload have been impressive’.
Recent Work highlights include:
- Acted for HFD Group in all aspects of the development of 177 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, 315,000 sq feet of grade A office space in the centre of Glasgow’s business district
- Acted for Legal & General on its Scottish build-to-rent projects at Buchanan Wharf, Glasgow and Candleriggs, Glasgow, both of which will form major components of key mixed-use regenerations in Glasgow city centre.
- Acted for Lime Property Fund (an Aviva Group fund) in the forward funding of a new office development at Kildean Business Park Stirling let to M&G Prudential Services Limited for their new central Scotland HQ
- Acted for Investcorp on the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 10 industrial and logistics properties across the UK.
- Acting on the £1bn development project at Winchburgh, West Lothian including disposals to CALA, Barratt, Taylor Wimpey, Bellway and Robertson homes
- Acted for Aberdeen Standard Investments on the acquisition of Lochrin Square, Edinburgh
We are now looking to recruit a Property Lawyer to join our team in Glasgow. We are ideally looking for a Scottish qualified candidate who has 4+ years' PQE. Dual qualification (or a desire to be dual qualified) in Scotland/England is of particular interest.
The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of commercial property transactions. These include working on high profile commercial developments in the office, student accommodation and build-to-rent sectors acting for developers, occupiers and funders, advising on high value investment acquisitions and disposals acting for investors and institutions, being part of a team delivering largescale urban regeneration projects and working on high profile, strategic residential developments on behalf of residential developers and landowners. You will also have the opportunity to be part of UK wide transactional teams supporting clients with their real estate requirements across the UK working alongside colleagues from other UK offices and benefiting from our internal legal professional support network.
What will we offer you?
- The chance to join a market leading, dynamic and growing team, with strong presence in Scotland and part of a global business, with a very well-recognised brand
- The chance to play a leading role on a wide variety of complex and intellectually-challenging transactions for major clients that will enable you to develop your legal and practical skills and experience and take your career to the next level
- The investment we make in you through our first-class training and career development programme – we will help you to develop as an all-round development lawyer, with exposure to valuable sector-focused experience and the opportunity to deliver "best in class" services.
- The opportunity to take responsibility for your matters and grow a strong network of client and colleague relationships, both within Scotland and across the UK working with colleagues across the country on client mandates
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package including a generous bonus scheme
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Anwen Wallington who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
About Pinsent Masons, a market-leading professional services firm, with law at its core
For more about Pinsent Masons, have a look at the information via the following link
About us (pinsentmasons.com)