At Premier America Credit Union, our Core Purpose is to serve our members by making it easier to meet today’s needs and reach tomorrow’s dreams. Talented team members succeed in our organization by demonstrating a commitment to our shared values of accountability, friendliness and respect, a passion for delivering great service, giving back to our communities, and pursuing personal growth.
We are seeking a dynamic Sr. Real Estate Loan Processor to receive and process first and second mortgage loan applications at all levels of complexity and to provide clerical and data entry support to the Real Estate Department.
- Customer Service: You will provide support to the primary daily processes and regulatory requirements of the accounting department, including accounts payable, general ledger accounts and general ledger reconcilements.
- Teamwork: Your ability to encourage and exchange creative ideas, to provide practical solutions to problems, will be used to promote innovation.
- Communication: Your effective communication style will be used to transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Initiative: Your high level of initiative and personal responsibility will enable you to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in an effective and professional manner.
Our Team Members enjoy the following rewards and benefits:
- Subsidized health care including medical, dental and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Company-Paid Life and A&D insurance
- Discounts on loans (must be a member)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- 401k Retirement Saving Plan with a 6% safe harbor employer match
- Educational Assistance Program and more!
About the job:
The core responsibility is the effective and efficient processing of mortgage loans under various loan programs for closing in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Must communicate documentation requirements, status and potential issues to all parties related to the loan transaction.
- Expected to continuously seek out opportunities to drive operational improvement and productivity, and close performance gaps while meeting established goals.
- Will order and review title insurance, appraisals, loan payoffs, flood and tax certificates and surveys, and thoroughly review all documents before submission to underwriting.
- Responsible to ensure loan origination system is always accurate and up to date throughout the loan transaction.
- Will review loan related documents for accuracy and credit worthiness within a reasonable timeframe established by the Credit Union.
- Responsible to review and communicate initial and final loan approval notifications.
Required Education/Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma equivalent
- Three to five years of progressive real estate processing experience with full knowledge of residential real estate processing functions, knowledge of residential real estate lending regulations and the secondary market guidelines
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- PC Skills: Word, Excel, Microsoft office
- Availability to work the Credit Union’s core business hours
Key words: banking, credit union, senior real estate loan processor, loan processor, mortgage processor, employee, employees
Premier America Credit Union will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.