Looking for a career at a company that cares about you? Look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. is committed to creating a caring community for our employees and residents.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team to assist a number of our apartment complexes in Hummelstown, PA as our Assistant Property Manager.
What you offer you: a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and benefit package.
- 16 days of Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Parental Leave Paid
- Company Paid Life and Short-term disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Long-term disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Tool Reimbursement Program
- And much more
Our ideal candidate would be familiar with the affordable housing industry and compliance regulations of LIHTC & HUD. However, we are willing to train on some aspects of this position. Assistant Property Managers help oversee the performance of multi-unit residential properties and they ensure that owners’ real estate investments achieve expected revenues.
Specific Duties Include:
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria, as well as all targeted occupancy requirements.
- Read and keep track of tenant applications on the “wait list;” read, review, and file all received applications; determine if applicants are income-eligible and program-eligible.
- Respond to life safety emergencies and other critical incidents; coordinate the response of site personnel and the notification of public safety agencies; notify the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager (as well as other company management personnel) as required by emergency protocols.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to prepare vacant units for new tenants; and meet in-person with prospective tenants to show vacant apartments or office space.
- Coordinate resident services with the assigned Resident Services Coordinator and with the Director, Resident Services Programs; meet in-person with current residents, handling requests for assistance; investigate and resolve complaints from tenants.
- Assist the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews;
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma for GED
- 3 years related property management experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with on-line database systems such as Real Page On-Site
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 20 states, to include over 100 properties, totaling over 10,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.