Looking for a career at a company that cares about you? Look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. is committed to creating a caring community for our employees and residents.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Portland, ME area as our Property Administrative Assistant.
The Property Administrative Assistant helps the On-site Property Manager implement and coordinate all on-site administrative activities, filing, receiving resident applications, etc...
What we offer you: full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and wonderful benefit package
- 16 days of paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Parental Leave Paid
- Company Paid Life and Short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Tool Reimbursement Program
- And much more
Specific Duties Include
- Ensure resident files are update to date; file new documents when needed
- Monitor the operations of all computer and communications systems for the property management office; act as liaison with residents or visitors. coordinate informational notices from and to residents; purchase supplies and equipment for the office.
- Help administer the resident selection procedure; inform residents about the terms of rental agreements and termination-of-lease procedures; meet with prospective residents and provide them with information on unit availability; keep records of prospective residents on the “wait list.”
- Using the company on-line database, keep accurate records of income and expenditures from property operations; help the On-site Property Manager prepare regular financial reports for senior-level PMI managers or owners.
- Assist the On-Site Property Manager with resident “move-outs;” provide residents with instructions for moving out of their units; inform the On-site Property Manager of the move and schedule a pre-move inspection.
- Assist the On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to record, distribute, and track maintenance work orders; maintain communication with contractors; coordinate resident services requests with the assigned Resident Services Coordinator.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED – Associates Degree in Business Administration preferred;
- 2 years related residential property management or business administration experience preferred.
- Desirable candidates will possess an introductory knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs.
- HUD and IRS rules of their assigned property.
- Relevant legislation such as Americans with Disabilities Act, The Federal Fair Housing Amendment Act, and local Fair Housing Laws.
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Experience with on-line database systems such as RealPage Onsite Desirable.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI) has been providing comprehensive residential property management services since 1990. We specialize in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits to provide affordable housing for low-income residents, including households with elderly and disabled members. PMI currently manages over 100 apartment communities in 20 states. The company also provides resident services programs, tailored to the needs and interests of residents, at many of the properties it manages.