Looking for a career at a company that cares about you? Look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. is committed to creating a caring community for our employees and residents.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team as our Property Manager in Newport New, VA.
As a Property Manager, the picture-perfect candidate should have a great deal of experience with-in the affordable housing industry, budgeting, compliance regulations of LIHTC & HUD programs, marketing, vacancies, and delinquencies.
What you offer you: a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and benefit package.
- 16 days of Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Parental Leave Paid
- Company Paid Life and Short-term disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Long-term disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Tool Reimbursement Program
- And much more
Specific duties include:
- Maintaining the physical, financial, and program integrity of the property
- Maintaining favorable occupancy by way of creative marketing and aggressive rent collections
- Ensure exclusive use of state specific LIHTC and HUD documents in property management software
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.
- Prepares all reports, including: weekly marketing, delinquency, occupancy level, bad debt write-off, and other expense reports
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria
- Prepare for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews
- Hire and train new employees assigned to the property
- Assist with the preparation of employees’ performance reviews, provide performance improvement counseling
- 2 years of college or 5 years related property management experience preferred
- Experience with business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, on-line database systems such as RealPage
- Certified in one of the following is preferred - CPM (Certified Property Manager), CPHM (Certified Public Housing Manager), LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit), or COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist)
- The candidate must possess strong organizational and management skills along with the ability to demonstrate being a critical member of a team that is committed to building strong communities.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 20 states, to include over 100 properties, totaling over 10,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.