To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
Share and collaborate effectively with others.
Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
Build and maintain an internal and external network.
Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
As an associate, you will work as part of a team with extensive industry experience and participate in tangible engagements to service clients. This will include understanding business objectives of the company, how the scope of services fits in and the skills you will need to successfully perform the work. You will also be asked to help on business development efforts to provide solutions for our clients accessing the capital markets.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Finance, Finance & Investment Analysis, Quantitative Finance, Real Estate, Mathematics, Taxation, Finance & Technology
Minimum Years of Experience:
One or more of the following certifications are required to be promoted to Manager: CPA exams passed; CFA Level I; Completion of all Certified Commercial Investment Manager (CCIM) courses, exams, and the related ethics exam; State Appraiser Trainee License.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Taxation, Accounting, Finance, Finance & Technology, Mathematics, Real Estate
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Before starting with PwC full-time, must meet all educational requirements to be eligible for one of the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours for the CPA license, or provide documentation satisfactory to the Firm that your CPA license can be obtained in the state in which your office will be located through reciprocity based on either a CPA license held, or CPA exam passed, in another state.
Depending on the specific role within Financial Markets & Real Estate:
- An understanding of, and demonstrated acumen related to, financial accounting, taxation, mathematics, financial reporting and drivers and concepts in capital markets, financial instruments and real estate;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and associated controls and processes;
- Demonstrated ability and desire to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Experience demonstrating effective problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to communicate and interact with various internal and client stakeholders in both written and verbal forms;
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development;
- Ability to innovate through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Experience working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools;
- Assist clients across various industries with implementing successful tax and digitized enterprise wide solutions relating to financial products, financial transactions, and global information reporting;
- Provide tax consulting, compliance, technology enabled solutions and financial statement tax provision services for banking, capital markets and insurance clients;
- Provide valuation, transaction analytics and cash flow modelling services across virtually all fixed income asset classes including loans, bonds, asset backed securities and private equity;
- Assess enterprise wide impact and design solutions pertaining to financial instrument portfolios around data, controls, reporting, valuation, governance and digitization.
- Advise clients on real estate transactions, operations, governance structures, and other financial matters to enhance their real estate portfolio, including independent appraisal or due diligence services; and,
- Assist real estate users with location strategy assessment, portfolio optimization strategies and perform other buy/hold/lease analyses.
Our Financial Markets & Real Estate (FMRE) team is leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC provides unparalleled technical expertise and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.