Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development, and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real estate. Target markets include, but are not limited to; South Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive re-use, and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing assets. Since 1996 the company has deployed in excess of $3.2 billion in real estate transactions.
Ram is seeking a Legal Executive Assistant to join its legal team in their corporate office in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida to provide legal support to the General Counsel with specific concentration in commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Due Diligence Coordination and Facilitation:
- Serve as the point person for facilitating, gathering, ensuring all items have been received, distributing due diligence information and confirm that the appropriate parties have reviewed documents.
- Maintain Legal Department calendar tracking all contract deadlines for acquisitions and dispositions and litigation deadlines.
- Maintain shared resources of all Ram properties tracking acquisition and disposition details, including ensuring that post closing obligations are met.
- Assist General Counsel with portfolio insurance renewal; track status of on-going insurance requirements and manage filing of documentation. Monitor payment of premiums and refunds.
- Facilitate requests for insurance quotes for internal stakeholders.
- Manage Property and Liability insurance claim process with insurance agent; report claims as needed, obtain documentation of damage to Ram properties, follow up with claims specialists, adjusters and attorneys assigned to claims or the defense of complaints
General Administrative Responsibilities:
- Maintain log tracking status of lawsuits filed.
- Responsible for maintaining legal department electronic files for all Ram properties and entities.
- Manage and track corporate filings for all Ram entities, including annual reports and business licenses.
- Prepare documents for signature, ensure proper signature blocks, and obtain signatures. Act as Notary.
- Review of daily mail; draft/compose correspondence utilizing good grammar and punctuation. Maintain excellent verbal and written rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Prepare FedEx for outgoing mail as needed.
- Prepare expense reports for General Counsel and Legal Associate as requested.
- Submit all legal invoices for processing, track payments and distribute as needed.
- Work with Legal Associate to assist with commercial leasing documentation and filing.
- Work with the administrative team to provide coverage for the front desk.
These requirements represent the education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties noted above.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Paralegal certification a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a legal environment with an emphasis on commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Florida Notary Public License.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software, specifically including extensive experience with Word and Outlook.
These characteristics and skills are essential for success in this role:
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Must handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
These characteristics are highly valued throughout the Company and essential for all team members:
- High degree of professionalism.
- Commitment to quality and a constant desire for improvement.
- Being open-minded and willing to learn.
- Humility and an ability to admit “I don’t know” or “I made a mistake”.
- Knowing when and how to ask for help.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- A deep belief in the importance of putting the team first.
- A strong sense of respect for self and others.
- An unwavering commitment to integrity (no matter the perceived short-term cost).
Please note: The Team Member Description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.