Based on our company growth and recent acquisitions we are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mortgage Accountant to join our team. This person will be responsible for the financial accounting and analysis for multiple Red Ventures' high growth business units. Ideal candidates will possess a fun, positive, energetic attitude and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This position will have an immediate impact on Red Ventures business units and regular exposure to our executive leadership team.
This role will be participating in a hybrid work schedule - Tuesday and Wednesday will be in-office work days. Additionally, during the Tuesday and Wednesday in-office days, you will have flexibility with in-office time to allow for an easier and more efficient commute.
What You'll Do:
- Maintaining and updating company's financial records, general ledger, and accounts receivable using generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Daily transactional posting of loan fundings and loan sales with a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation and reporting of all loan related transactions, including loan fundings, loan sales, warehouse lines of credit.
- Prepares all applicable regulatory reports
- Leads the research and resolution of accounting issues, questions and standards.
- Provides expertise and ongoing research to maintain policies and controls for the Mortgage Accounting team. Demonstrates a deep understanding of current accounting principles, regulations and systems.
- Participates in departmental efforts related to audits and research, and acts as an accounting resource to special projects.
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Provide financial support to business leaders in monthly forecasting and annual operating plan
- Prepare ad hoc business case analyses, including financial models and analysis of business trends
- Cash management including maintenance of cash balance and preparing cash requirements forecasts
- Reviewing and analyzing data from external sites
- Ensuring adequate financial and internal controls
- Preparing presentations for management reviews and quarterly board meetings
- Performing financial analyses and special projects as requested
- Providing financial data to shareholders as requested.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant experience and demonstrable success as indicated by progressively more responsible roles
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages
- Experience with Workday and MySQL a plus
- Knowledge of public company accounting and reporting
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]