Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
Prepare in-house market research studies and reports using GIS applications and primary research methods. Perform analysis and create presentation materials for various projects associated with efforts to expand our store network and to analyze our existing stores. Gain deep understanding of demographic, competitor, and other related industry trends. Define trade areas; analyze the influences that affect the performance of our locations. Examine customer behavior including ownership of the customer survey. Define and understand individual stores (or groups of stores) that do not perform to expectations. Review and edit work product from other Market Research team members.
- Create, compile and review site research submittals to ensure they meet criteria and present to Sr. Director of Real Estate Market Research, VP Real Estate Market Research, Real Estate deal makers, SVP Market Research, SVP/GSVP Real Estate and President of Property Development for review.
- Generate demographic data as needed for locations being considered for new stores, new markets, existing stores and existing markets using geographic information system software (GIS) and other primary research methods
- Guide projects with internal and external sources to obtain pertinent information needed to support site research and site presentations. Be familiar with all aspects of each proposal.
- Collaborate with Finance to create proforma income statement templates for new and existing store locations, remodels, expansions, and other special requests.
- Support data gathering and transformation into systems including ownership of in-store zip code surveys, competitor data, demographic, traffic counts, and more.
- Manage the process of working with outside real estate brokers and attorneys to gather real estate market knowledge and information. Conduct various market research studies and special reports. Provide strategic analysis concerning trade area creation, overlaps and voids, business generation and cannibalization.
- Build expertise in internal site management system (pdSiteLink) and reporting; initiate creation/modification of reports.
- Gain familiarity with standard lease form and lease summaries used within the department.
- Travel to existing/new markets and proposed sites, ICSC-sponsored events and various additional conferences/seminars related to market research, geographic information systems (GIS) and other industry related topics.
- Proactively identify and complete special projects.
- Building Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- Developing Talent
- Manages Conflict
- Business Acumen
- Leading by Example
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree required with emphasis on Geography, Real Estate, Marketing, Statistics or Market Research
- 5 years of experience in location strategy, spatial analytics, statistics, GIS, retail strategy, or related field. knowledge of retail store site selection location strategies, sales forecasting and cannibalization.
- Retail industry experience and management experience is required. Previous experience with retail store site selection location strategies, sales forecasting and cannibalization
- Understanding of GIS technology (MapInfo, Trade Area Systems) & spatial analysis.
- Ability to initiate technical problem solving process, recommend solutions and facilitate closure with supervision.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) or related software. Experience with statistical software & modeling is a plus.
- Position requires extreme confidentiality in handling/distributing reports and studies based on company's proprietary information.
- Periodic travel may be required.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Sr. Analyst, Real Estate Market Research
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.