Carr Real Estate Services (CRES), operating under Preferred Office Network (PON), is a third-party brokerage firm licensed in DC, MD, and VA. We are a subsidiary of Carr Companies, a 100+-year-old development, and investment firm based in Washington DC. We offer above-market splits, dedicated junior brokerage support, industry-leading benefits, and multiple resources that allow our brokers to focus their time on transactions and client relationships.
This position is for an experienced commercial real estate broker specializing in leasing and/or investment sales in the DC Metro area. This individual will be responsible for generating new business and servicing existing clients by partnering with our Managing Director of Real Estate and our Washington DC-based team. They will perform a range of functions as we assist small to large companies through the entire lease and sale process including assessing client needs, identifying, and selecting properties, complex financial analysis, market research, and lease negotiations.
- Assist landlords with the leasing and sale of commercial real estate assets through the DC metro market.
- Assist tenants with the leasing, subleasing, and purchase of commercial real estate throughout the DC metro area.
- Build, maintain, grow, and cultivate quality relationships with existing and prospective clients (Tenants and/or Landlords).
- Assist Managing Director of Real Estate with the leasing of current and future office and retail portfolios.
- Support the company's positive market presence by establishing and maintaining strong professional relationships with the local brokerage and real estate communities, government officials, and prospective customers.
- Act as the market professional, maintaining a deep understanding of market conditions: rents, available products, and economic trends.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Core Competencies/Skill Set:
- Persuasive presentation and negotiation skills. Outstanding analytical, financial, and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Team leadership, positive demeanor, and problem-solving skills for internal and external customers.
- PC Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Hubspot, and ability to learn company-specific software.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Real Estate or Finance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of commercial real estate leasing and/or sales experience.
- An active salesperson license in Virginia, DC, or Maryland
- Consistent annual gross commission value above $250,000
At CRES, we value our employees and believe in everyone’s own personal success. We offer a top of the line benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a steady schedule — Core business hours are 8:15am-5:15pm M-F, and a chance to grow within an organization that truly values its employees.