Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
TML is a specialist intermediary-only mortgage lender that provides products and criteria that meet the needs of borrowers who are not served by the high street.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Mortgage Admin Officer to provide a full administrative service in support of the mortgage underwriting operation from Decision in Principle through to completion, using electronic and online systems, verifying and creating documents and tasks. The role holder will also need to demonstrate sound decision making and document the rationale for acceptance. This role is reporting to the Underwriting Team Leader.
- Supporting the day‐to‐day administration and processing of all new and existing mortgage applications.
- Processing Decision in Principle (DIP) enquiries with full knowledge of TML Credit Policies
- Supporting Underwriters to progress applications to Completion.
- Having a full knowledge of the Mortgage Application System and utilising the system to ensure all mortgage applications are processed in line with the company’s service standards.
- Liaising directly with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers on the application ensuring information requested is received and processed accurately, as well as providing an excellent level of service to the third parties.
- Considering and applying the principle of Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) during the process.
- Administration experience, preferably in a mortgage environment
- Financial Services experience, preferably in a mortgage environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines Competencies
- Serving the Customer
- Quality Focus
- Planning, Organising and Flexibility
- Problem Solving and Initiative
- Critical Information Seeking
- Communicating with Clarity
- Collaborating with others
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glasgow, G2 1BT: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)