It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Community Mortgage Loan Originator will proactively solicit new residential mortgage business within the Bank’s designated Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) communities and will establish relationships with business line partners within the organization and external partners to generate referral business. The principal responsibility of the Community Mortgage Loan Originator is to meet with the customer to determine the best product and terms that will ensure success in the mortgage approval process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Originates mortgage loan applications
- Negotiates terms and rates of the loans
- Obtains customers’ vital information and provides expert advice relative to product options
- Provides all required disclosures and notices to customers in compliance with all mortgage related regulations
- Secures interest rate lock-ins with investors
- Manages pipeline so as to protect the bank from interest rate risk
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to respond in writing to customer complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- Knowledge of FHA, Conventional, and non-conforming loans
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma/GED
- Computer Skills
- MS Office programs
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NMLS license
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.