Description of the Business Line or Department
Loan Syndicate is responsible for the management of the pricing, structuring and underwriting risk of loans. It is also responsible, in coordination with the Loan Sales team, for the placement of loans and other similar products to investors.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- To support the Team Head (Agnes Decourcelle) in providing syndicate support to the Real Estate Business Line across EMEA (x Spain). Become one of the primary contacts (alongside other Director within the dedicated REL syndicate team) for distribution solutions for the REL sector.
- As a secondary role, to support non REL Business Lines’ origination efforts
- Execute the deals mandated in a smooth manner to meet the objectives of the borrowers
- Collect and share market feedback through investors meetings and market soundings
- Coordinate distribution efforts in partnership with public and private sales
Summary of responsibilities
- To support the team head (Agnes Decourcelle) for loan origination/underwriting/distribution solutions in the Real Estate sector. As a secondary role, to support transactions brought by other GLBA business lines and/or those deals covered by other members of the GLBA/SYN/PAS team, as determined by the team head.
- To draft underwriting/syndication memos in support of credit processes
- To maintain dialogue with internal stakeholders responsible for approving deals from the areas of coverage including RISQ, CORI (where relevant)
- To maintain close relationship with other teams, including business lines, , loan sales, ABP and DCM where a bond take-out is envisaged.
- To ensure the more junior colleagues on the team are involved and trained on transactions.
- Together with the business line, to negotiate the legal documentation (mandate letter, term sheet, financing contracts etc.)
- To maintain contact with the Borrower and Legal Counsel to ensure syndication aspects are effectively dealt with in legal documentation.
- To ensure all compliance related documentation matters are effectively managed for transactions
- To contribute to the development of SG’s Loan investor base through effective dialogue with public and private sales force
- Strong coordination with ABP and Sales in order to develop our overall investor base. In particular, providing information/clear communication to Sales on potential opportunities to facilitate their discussion with investors.
- To actively push underwriting and asset rotation in order to provide product to investors.
- To encourage feedback from Sales in order to propose terms to the business line that can subsequently be distributed
- To ensure SG is adhering to all compliance matters when interacting with the investor base and sales
- Preparation of high quality and accurate marketing material in all dealings with the market for both reputational and effective distribution reasons
- To contribute to the development of an investor (bank and non-bank where appropriate) network and active dialogue with these parties in coordination with public and private sales channels
- To maintain dialogue with investors (banks and non-banks where appropriate) and subsequently, to distribute relevant ‘call notes’ to relevant parties
- Attend relevant conference/events
- To comply with reporting requirements, including pipeline, permanent supervision controls, etc.
- Effectively updating pipeline reports and monitoring permanent supervision for the target deals
- To keep management abreast of pipeline/opportunities in particular to agree pricing/terms on an underwritten transactions prior to client proposals.
- To strive for best practice/execution on all transactions, in particular those that are underwritten and syndicated
- Contribute to the Investors working group on internal ESG initiatives
- Closely follow ESG-related developments in the various market segments (features in transactions as well as investor’s feedback and requirements)
- Keep abreast of developments of ESG features in transactions, including use of KPIs, potential impact on pricing, and acceptance by investors
- Cooperate with BLs and Coverage on deals where there could be an ESG angle.
- Strong understanding of the Syndicated Loan Markets and direct experience in the Real Estate debt markets
- Experience in credit analysis and legal documentation
- Responsibility – capacity to understand and manage risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for SYN, GLBA, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Client orientation – ability to build and maintain trusted client (borrower and investor) relationships
- Client orientation – commercial acumen and persistence in addressing investors’ needs
- Client orientation – demonstrate proactive approach to both primary and secondary opportunities
- Innovation – ability to contribute to the development of new clients, advisory, and products
- Team spirit – strong experience of working with people with diverse and international backgrounds, and strong ability to efficiently work with more junior colleagues, including appropriate level of delegation, information sharing and training (if needed). Generally, share information within the team as best practice.
- Commitment – ability to prioritise tasks and to manage competing deadlines.
- Communication skills – including language skills (as relevant); ability to deliver coherent messages
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.