Real Estate Administrator 1 - 20067418(220003DK)
A Little About Us:
With roughly 1,600 employees in 11 offices across Ohio, BWC is the state agency that cares for Ohio workers by promoting a culture of safety at work and at home and ensuring quality medical and pharmacy care is provided to injured workers.
For Ohio employers, we provide insurance policies to cover workplace injuries and safety and wellness services to prevent injuries.
BWC is a dynamic organization that offers career opportunities across many different disciplines. BWC employees strive to maintain an inclusive workplace. We begin by being an equal opportunity employer. Employees can participate in and lead employee resource groups, participate in online forums discussing society’s impact on our services and workplace, and learn about how different perspectives can improve leadership skills.
To transform BWC into an agile organization driven by customer success.
To deliver consistently excellent experiences for each BWC customer every day.
Our Core Values:
One Agency, Personal Connection, Innovative Leadership, Relentless Excellence
If you are interested in helping BWC grow, please click this link to read more, and then come back to this job posting to submit your application!
BWC is currently operating under a hybrid schedule that can incorporate both teleworking and in-office hours. Employees may be required to report to the office when requested by management &/or for their initial job training.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Planning, directing & administering real-estate leasing operations (e.g., monitors office functions, reviews & recommends plan revisions requested by internal entities, maintains unit production standards).
- Analyzing designs to ensure proposed solution meets both customer and agency needs
- Coordinating/supervising other team members (facilities planners and movers, IT, telecom, and contractors)
- Serving as a liaison and resource for issues, questions & problems involving tenants of leased properties.
- Preparing construction documents (e.g., drawings, specifications, electrical plans, reflected ceiling plans, network cabling plans, furniture plans, room finish schedules & details), utilizing AutoCAD, Photoshop, & other 3d rendering software).
- Comparing pricing proposals to ensure maximum agency value
To read more details about this position, please click here.
What’s in it for you:
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website! Our benefits package includes:
- Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the Ohio Med PPO plan.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Dental, vision and basic life insurance premiums are free after one year of continuous service.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Childbirth/Adoption leave
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee’s salary. Visit the OPERS website for more information.
- The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.
Required Experience and/or Education:
Completion of core program for graduate degree in business administration; 1 yr. trg. or 1 yr. exp. in real estate or property management; must be able to provide own transportation.
Or completion of core program for undergraduate degree in business administration; 2 yrs. trg. or 2 yrs. exp. in real estate or property management; must be able to provide own transportation.
Or 4 yrs. trg. or 4 yrs. exp. in real estate or property management; must be able to provide own transportation.
Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
- Project Management experience (e.g., scheduling, staffing, estimating, evaluating, project process & standards, risk management, efficiency monitoring).
- Lease agreements experience.
- Construction administration experience.
- Design concepts experience (e.g., lease agreement & tenant improvement drawings).
- Specification writing experience.
- Design review experience (e.g., code compliance, accessibility issues).
- Skill in AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp & Microsoft Project.
Necessary Skills and Competencies:
Knowledge of: BWC policies & procedures*; Facilities policies & standard operating procedures*; policies & procedures related to BWC real estate leasing*; market analysis; architectural design; space planning; interior design; ergonomics standards; OBBC*; ADA*; OSHA*; ORC*; engineering design (e.g. industrial, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical); BWC Design & Installation Services departmental policies & procedures*, local, State & federal requirements for building design & codes (e.g. Ohio Basic Building Code, ADA, NEC, NFPA, OSHA); building construction means & methods; construction cost estimating; building materials (e.g. steel, light gauge metal framing & drywall); critical path scheduling methodology; public & human relations*; contract & lease negotiation*; real estate market analysis; employee training & development.
Skill in: use of personal computer & peripheral equipment (e.g. scanners, printers, plotters); use of drafting & office computer software (e.g. AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook, Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); effective communication; evaluating architectural & MEP design documents.
Ability to: define & identify problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret a variety of technical materials in books, journals & manuals; use algebra, geometry, trigonometry & statistical analysis; add, subtract, multiply & divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals & percentages; gather, collate & classify information; understand contract specifications; use proper research methods in gathering data; recognize errors & make corrections; establish friendly work atmosphere as supervisor; deal with many variables & determine specific action; prepare meaningful, concise & accurate reports; communicate & present technical & non-technical information to internal & external customers; independently coordinate use of time & resources; conduct meetings.
(*)Developed after employment.
Unless required by legislation or union contract, starting salary is set at lowest rate of the salary range. In most cases successful employees will move up a step in the salary range within six months, with subsequent step increases occurring every year as supported by successful performance evaluation results.
Educational Transcript Requirement
In order for any educational achievements to be considered during the screening process, you must at least attach an unofficial transcript that details the coursework you have completed.
Position may require travel; therefore, persons occupying this position must be able to provide own transportation &/or legally operate a state-owned vehicle.
Prior to an offer of employment, the final applicant will be required to sign a background check authorization form and undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position.
EEO & ADA Statement:
The State of Ohio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin (ancestry), military status, disability, age (40 years or older), genetic information, sexual orientation, or caregiver status in making employment-related decisions about an individual.
The Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, and employment opportunities following the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws.
All applicants must submit an Ohio Civil Service Application using the online Ohio Hiring Management System. Paper applications will not be accepted.