Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Business Development Manager or Relationship Manager from a* Mortgage Advising background, to join us on a* full-time, permanent basis. Having already demonstrated a track record of success yourself as an Advisor, you have the confidence and charisma, which gives you a natural gravitas with your peers. Ideally, our successful candidates will be based in the Reading / Oxford / Maidenhead area and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of* £37,000 - £40,000 per annum plus company car / £500 per month car allowance.*
What We Do
MSS is an industry leader in providing technology led financial services for the UK property market, efficiently connecting consumers, lenders, and intermediaries.
The two main businesses that comprise MSS are Stonebridge – one of the largest independent mortgage and protection networks in the UK and SDL Surveying – which offers national coverage for a range of surveying and panel management services.
What’s on Offer to our Business Development Manager
- Great company culture
- Full programme of employee engagement activities
- Free lunch vouchers for Graze, Hello Fresh, Able & Cole
- Company reward and recognition schemes
- Competitive salary
- Casual dress
- Option to buy / sell up to 5 additional days annual leave
- £26 per month working from home allowance
- Gym Subsidy
- Bike to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- £500 employee referral scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Discounted Life Insurance and Income Protection
Overview of the role
Our Business Development Managers will be accountable for the growth, development, and retention of relationships with new and existing Mortgage brokers (Appointed Representative) across their portfolio and region.
What you will be doing
- Business Development - Delivering growth in mortgage completion numbers through management of lead sources including introduces, referrals and existing clients and competitive business development.
- Account Management - Monitoring Appointed Representatives performance against objectives from Stonebridge Group and FCA - Financial Conduct Authority relation to KPI’s, SLA's and support and agreeing appropriate development actions where necessary.
- Supporting and delivering ongoing compliance needs - Financial Conduct Authority and or Stonebridge compliance training to your portfolio of clients (Appointed Representative)
- Being a company advocate for technology – developing knowledge of our bespoke innovate software which is part of our client solution and ensure clients (Appointed Representative) are utilising the effectiveness of the software to their best abilities with support, guides and training.
Who we're looking for
We want to find an experienced individual who takes pride in their work and who has:
- The CEMAP qualification (Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice)
- A strong understanding of Mortgage/Financial Service Industry
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively
- A proven relationship builder. Someone who networks successfully across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A comprehensive understanding of Mortgage Service and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- A great account manager. Experience of building and managing key and multiple relationships
- Self-motivated, manage your own workload and setting of priorities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £37,000.00-£40,000.00 per year