Community Manager - SeaTac/Burien/Tukwila, WA
Who we are:
Sunrise Management (https://sunrisemgmt.com) is a growing, San Diego, CA based Apartment Management company with communities in the western states. We pride ourselves in delivering exceptional service to our residents, clients, and our fellow team members. We are People People.
About this role:
We are looking for a Full-time Community Manager for our community located in the SeaTac/Burien/Tukwila, WA area. The ideal candidate will have prior property management, be highly organized, have the ability to communicate effectively with people and present a positive, professional image. The Community Manager has the responsibility, under the supervision of the Regional Manager, for all phases of the operations of an income producing property. This includes personnel functions, leasing, community maintenance, monitoring market conditions, fiscal oversight, advertising and resident relations.
Offering a competitive hourly rate of $30.00 to $33.00 depending on experience.
Hours are typically Monday through Friday; 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
What you’ll do:
Include but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Regional Manager in developing an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the organization.
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis.
- Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Ensure effective move-in and move-out administration with particular attention to consistent apartment inspections.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of payroll summary sheets for team.
- Ensures that all rent payments are collected from both current and previous residents.
- Ensures daily community deposits in regards to rent collections and any other miscellaneous income.
- Ensures non-payment notices are distributed to all delinquent residents and completes follow-up activity in regards to non-payment of rent, or eviction proceedings.
- Adhere to company accounting directives, including but not limited to; weekly and monthly reports, income accounting, expense control and administration and daily bank deposits.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of federal and state laws in regards to the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Reports or offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, contract developments and negotiations, etc.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares budget increase recommendations according to the operating budget and market conditions.
- Prepares and follows guidelines of the community operating budget, and makes recommendations for ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Market apartments by promoting rentals on the phone and in person; demonstrate apartments and community to prospective residents, sell apartment features/benefits, secure commitments and deposits from prospective Residents.
- Ensures daily input of all resident information in relation to leasing traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc.
- Ensure the completion of residential lease administration. Ensures that all leases and addenda are completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties.
- Ensures timely renewals of existing residents.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Analyzes and monitors the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the community.
- Monitors closing ratios of leasing associates to ensure requirements are met and provides additional training as necessary.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Ensures that staff is implementing resident retention and renewal programs to build customers for life.
- Inspects property common areas, models, and vacant units on a regular basis and completes the community inspection report.
- Reviews and approves or rejects resident applications.
- Assists the overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and provides solutions.
- Assumes supervisory responsibilities and management of the property.
- Identifies and addresses issues associated with a supervisory position, including hiring, training, coaching and evaluating on-site employees.
- Provides staff with direction, guidance and tools to for performing well. Provides clear and concise instructions for effective management of on-site staff.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations
- Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe, well maintained community.
- Ensures security deposit dispositions are prepared in a consistent manner immediately after move-out, time being of the essence.
- Maintain high standards of resident service and relations.
- Ensures rents are collected and accurately account for all monies in a timely manner.
- Collect delinquent rents and notify supervisor so they may approve to initiate unlawful detainer actions as appropriate.
- Ensure that maintenance requests are handled as quickly, efficiently and effectively as possible and always within 24 hours. If parts must be ordered, causing a delay, residents should be notified timely. If the work order is not resolved within 48 hours, regional manager should be notified.
- Supervise contractors working on the property.
- Represent Sunrise Management and the community you manage in a professional manner. Maintain a positive businesslike attitude in person and on the telephone and neat, clean, professional dress and grooming appropriate for greeting the public.
- Adhere to Fair Housing Policy, ADA, Injury and Illness Prevention Policy and Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Policy.
- Assist in promoting Sunrise Management.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested. Ensures all on-site staff has enrolled in and completed necessary courses.
- Works well as part of a team.
What you’ll need:
- 2 years Property management preferred
- Candidate must have reliable transportation available and a valid driver license.
- Professional Appearance
- Lease Up Experience preferred
- Strong Customer Service
- Professional experience with Property Marketing, Excel, Onesite preferred.
Who you are:
- Focused with high attention to detail
- Curious and proactive
- Growth-oriented and well-organized
- Disciplined and self sufficient
- A strong communicator
- Tech savvy
What’s in it for you:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off/Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
What is Next?
Make the leap and take the shot! Submit your resume to us today.
Sunrise Management is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $33.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location