You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Real Estate Analyst
Based in Hartford, CT, HIMCO is seeking a Research Analyst on the Private Real Estate Team supporting new loan originations and equity acquisitions across the country. This individual will provide real estate research, underwriting, valuation, and analytical support to support the Real Estate team with approximately $6.0 billion in commercial mortgages and $1.6BB of real estate investment (gross asset value).
The ideal candidate will have the potential and desire to grow, with increasing knowledge and experience, into a direct production role. Hartford Investment Management Company (HIMCO), a subsidiary of The Hartford Financial Services Group, is a leading asset manager with over $95 billion assets under management across the fixed income, equity and alternatives markets.
- Provide analytical support, including assistance in evaluating and structuring transactions, to the real estate acquisition team. This will include: Modeling base line property level cash flows and determining property valuations utilizing the discounted cash flow method in ARGUS and Excel Developing, modifying, and maintaining complex Excel based modeling tools Testing and validating assumptions used in modeling investments, including market rents, projected rent growth and current and future market vacancy in the subject submarkets
- Conduct analysis and compile stressed scenario analysis in support of investment recommendations
- Conduct property inspections to verify valuation assumptions Work with Producers in preparing loan committee packages and investment committee memos; work with Producers and Attorneys on term sheets, applications, loan documents, and other transactional documents;
- Coordinate internal reviews of all 3rd party reports including appraisal reviews
- Preparation of closing documents and reports for new and current loans and investments, specifically:
- Reviewing, in consultation with legal counsel and Asset Management, operative deal documents to assure that business terms negotiated by Producers are properly reflected
- Conduct market analysis, including monitoring of the markets and regulatory environments for trends that could impact investments
- Conduct research as directed on markets, asset classes, companies, industries and/or sector (s); interpret and share outcomes of analyses to support investment recommendations
- Bachelors degree required; MBA and/or professional/graduate qualification in an investment-related discipline preferred
- 2+ years of related experience in investment management or financial services,
- Experience in private real estate investing strongly preferred
- CFA or desire to obtain CFA charter strongly preferred
- Demonstrated: Proactive learner and critical thinker with strong analytical and credit analysis skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word (ARGUS and CoStar experience preferred);
- proficient in financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills,
- persuasive negotiation skills Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Sound investment judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Drive and potential to grow into a producer role Strong organizational skills
The Hartford is proud of our achievements recognized with the following accolades:
- Worlds most Ethical companies - 13 years in a row
- Best places to work for LBGTQ+ - 14 years in a row
- Scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index (DEI) and was recognized as a 2021 DEI Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion
- Forbes #1 P&C insurer and #11 overall for Diversity
As a condition of your employment for HIMCO, you will be required to affirm to HIMCO’s Code of Ethics and understand that you will be required to comply with the disclosure of accounts, holdings and pre-clearance of trades for the accounts of you and your household family members as more fully described in the Code of Ethics Key Points. If you will be deemed to be a “Covered Associate” under HIMCO’s Pay to Play Policy, you will also need to disclose all political contributions that you have given within the past 2 calendar years.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:$78,720 - $118,080
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/AgeRes Analyst,Real Estate - VEH8A5