Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Assistant Community Manager assists the Community Manager in managing all day to day operations pertaining to all aspects of the community, the residents, the staff, and the needs of Michaels Management Services. The Assistant Community Manager will carry out assigned duties in a professional manner, and in addition to the duties described herein, will perform other duties as requested by the Community Manager. The Assistant Community Manager will assume the responsibilities of the Community Manger in his/her absence and must provide exceptional customer service at all times.
1. The Assistant Community Manager, under the supervision on the Community Manager, will train, direct and oversee all other office staff members under his/her direct supervision to ensure orderly and efficient workflow. He/she must understand the duties of all other office staff and be able to perform those duties as needed.
2. The Assistant Community Manager will develop good working relationships with the residents, and handle all resident issues, complaints, requests or concerns expressed in response to Resident Surveys, emails, phone calls, social media, personal communications, or any other method to ensure resolution prior to the Community Manager’s involvement.
3. The Assistant Community Manager will assist the Community Manager in preparation of the Annual Budget.
4. The Assistant Community Manager will assist in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, ensuring accuracy and completion prior to Submission.
5. The Assistant Community Manager will monitor, review and approve all timesheets within the payroll system.
6. The Assistant Community Manager, with the assistance of other staff members, will lead the Quarterly Resident Meeting, providing information and updates with a positive approach and be able to respond to all issues raised by the residents.
7. The Assistant Community Manager will work directly with the bookkeeper to ensure timely collection of rents and delinquent account balances; help monitor the utility program; and adhere to all accounting directives and work within the established budget.
8. The Assistant Community Manager will work directly with the Turn Supervisor to ensure that vacant make ready maintenance is scheduled and completed in a timely manner to correspond with the needs of incoming applicants.
9. The Assistant Community Manager will review the monthly newsletter prior to the Community Manager’s review and approval.
10. The Assistant Community Manager must be able to draft correspondence to residents and all other appropriate representatives, subject to the approval of the Community Manager.
11. The Assistant Community Manager must fairly and consistently implement the policies of the community as defined by the Resident Guidelines and Community Handbook. This includes notifying residents of violations and providing direction for compliance. Ensure residents are maintaining the homes to our standards and perform health and safety inspections as needed.
12. The Assistant Community Manager will assist the Community Manager with devising and implementing marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
13. The Assistant Community Manager is the liaison with various Partners and must be able to provide pertinent data as requested in a timely manner.
14. The Assistant Community Manager will represent the company in a professional manner at all times and perform other duties as assigned.
1. A minimum of three years’ experience in a customer service related industry, preferably multi-family property management.
2. Military experience or prior exposure to the military is a plus.
3. Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test screening.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
2. Valid Driver’s License.
3. Must have or be able to obtain the designation of ARM® (Accredited Residential Manager) within one year.
4. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by MMS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as complete assignments independently. Demonstrate an ability to lead, support and contribute to community team.
2. Must possess strong attention to detail.
3. Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Competence in operation Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and community management software.
5. Must demonstrate a professional and positive attitude in every aspect of his/her work.
6. Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
7. Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
8. Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
9. Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
10. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
11. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
12. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful completion.
13. Take instructions from supervisors.
14. Exercise problem-solving skills.
15. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week to include occasional evenings and weekends if required for community events. Occasional overtime hours may be required.
2. Requires routine squatting, walking, and lifting of no more than 50lbs without assistance, with full range of motion.
3. Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you been previously employed by The Michael's Organization?
- Are you related to an employee of The Michael's Organization?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location