The Vertex Companies, LLC (VERTEX) is an AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have over 500 employees in 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
Within the Real Estate and Construction (RECON) Services Group, VERTEX services a wide variety of clients from equity partners to lenders, to insurance carriers, attorneys, contractors, and owners throughout the lifecycle of construction projects.
We seek a talented professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our New York City office. The candidate will work on multiple capital projects as well as work with the Division Manager to help grow the Owner’s Project Management / Representative division from that office. More specific details are described below.
- Work with Division Manager and EVP in establishing growth strategy for the practice area.
- Represent VERTEX to inside and outside constituents exhibiting the highest ethical and professional behavior
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Take an active role in business development operations including prospecting, proposal development, and interviews
- Help manage future employees to achieve strategic goals and personify VERTEX core values; inspire all employees to deliver first in class project management service
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Conduct constructability reviews.
- Assist with preparation of detailed reports auditing construction projects.
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis.
- Inspect properties and buildings.
- Review and interpret building code.
- Travel and/or fieldwork may be required
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors
- Strong aptitude in collaboration tools and remote meeting management
- Able to work with minimal oversight but take direction effectively from managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other relevant major preferred
- EIT certification is desired but not required
- 5-7 years of construction or related experience.
- Owner’s Project Management work with public and private and university or healthcare construction projects preferred
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high-stress conditions
- Strong communicator with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient, well-organized, and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project a plus
- General working knowledge of Construction Project Management software (i.e., Procore, Newforma, CMiC, etc.) is a plus
- LEED Accreditation or similar preferred but not required
- PMP/CCM certification is preferred but not required.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.
- Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including paid time off (3 weeks’ vacation), medical, dental, vision, 401K match (with immediate vesting), short/long term disability, life insurance, dependent care benefits, tuition reimbursement, and access to a wide variety of services, wellness programs and more. Our “Lifetime of Learning” program ensures that all employees receive the training, opportunities, and guidance they need to grow with us as we expand. And we are a consistent Zweig Best Places to Work winner.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
VERTEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require assistance to complete any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at [email protected]
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that VERTEX does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, VERTEX will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, VERTEX explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of VERTEX.