The Senior Associate will report to the Portfolio Manager of Nuveen's flagship open-ended debt strategy and assist in contributing to its continued growth and success. The Senior Associate will be integral in evaluating new investments for the strategy, as well as provide ongoing support for investor relations (existing and prospective), reporting and performance projections. The Senior Associate will look to identify and execute the continued optimization of investment strategy and fund operations. The position is located in New York.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate potential transactions and assess risk-adjusted returns in the context of the fund’s target portfolio construction. Monitor and maintain investment pipeline in coordination with joint venture partner. Assist in development and evaluation of investment strategy and guideline updates.
- Responsible for financial modelling and analytics around performance projections as well as return optimization through various scenario analysis on portfolio construction.
- Provide ongoing support for investor relations and capital raising through active participation and contribution in client meetings. Provide responses to diligence requests, preparation of meeting materials and oversight of regular update to the marketing materials in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Provide regular, as well as ad-hoc updates to management as well as Fund Investment Committee on various fund-related matters, including investment analysis recommendations, strategy reviews and Investment Committee minutes.
- Coordinate with Accounting, Originations and Closing teams to effectively forecast and manage the fund’s cash flow and liquidity, including capital calls, distributions and fund leverage.
- Monitor existing investments, investment guideline and restriction/ covenant compliance; communicating with Investment Committee, Risk Management and Compliance as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating fund-specific SOPs, business plans, as well as annual budgets.
- Lead oversight of quarterly investor reporting and valuation in collaboration with Accounting, Fund Administration, Valuation and Asset Management teams. Assist with coordination and preparation of quarterly/ annual investor meetings. Perform routine analysis and research associated with various client related requests.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 2 years prior experience in real estate and/or finance, prior experience in mortgage origination, underwriting and/or portfolio management
- 3 years prior experience in real estate and/or finance, prior experience in mortgage origination, underwriting and/or portfolio management
- University (Degree), Preferred in a relevant field of study
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate, economics, finance, and valuation.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Collaborative with a proven ability to interact effectively with other functions and team leaders.
- Familiarity with commercial real estate fundamentals and terminology.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- 4 to 7 years of commercial real estate industry experience preferred
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
Email: [email protected]
Here's just some of what's offered for
most full-time roles.