At Tishman Speyer, we are building a better tomorrow. The firm’s visionary leadership team and on the ground experts are unparalleled in their ability to foster innovation, anticipate global and local needs, and cultivate new initiatives, such as its tenant amenities platform ZO., and its flexible space and co-working brand Studio. For us, real estate is more than buildings. We focus on the intersections that matter most. The intersection of real estate and people, real estate and technology, real estate and your local neighborhood. We build community and connection. Designing living rooms to labs, boardrooms to breakrooms, we put the customer at the center of everything we do. We build timeless communities that serve neighborhoods and cities with affordability, public space and easy accessibility.
Since its inception in 1978, Tishman Speyer has acquired, developed, and operated 498 properties, totaling 219 million square feet, with a combined value of approximately $124 billion (US). Its current portfolio includes many iconic communities and assets such as Rockefeller Center in New York City, The Springs in Shanghai, TaunusTurm in Frankfurt, and the Mission Rock neighborhood currently being realized in San Francisco.
The Property Manager will report to the General Manager and be based in our Class A property, The Franklin, in Chicago. S/he will be responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations for the building, with the goal of providing the highest quality service experience to establish and foster long-term customer relationships.
The successful candidate will be organized, have an eye for detail and a passion for customer service.
Hospitality / Leadership:
- Lead the Property Management support and Maintenance teams to provide a best in class customer-focused experience throughout the property
- Maintain customer relationships including, hospitality, and traditional operations management
- Understand customer business needs and leverage our platform to solve their real estate challenges
- Review lease proposals and facilitate space tours for prospective customers
- Coordinate unique ZO. event programming with a focus on creating and maintaining a community atmosphere
- Assist the General Manager to drive overall amenity engagement
- Lead a cross-functional team to ensure all corporate objectives, policies and standards are met
- Develop direct reports through mentoring. Identify growth potential and set objectives to achieve career advancement
- Develop the annual operating budget and capital plan, and present to internal stakeholders and partners
- Financial reporting for profit and loss variances, quarterly reforecasting, and investor reports
- Oversee management of third-party maintenance contractors to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Facilitate pre-built and landlord-built customer spaces
- Supervise all base building capital and major repair and maintenance projects; track and manage finances for projects
- Assist the Property Management team with projects and communication
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within real estate or hotel industry
- Bachelor’s degree required (with a focus on hospitality or real estate preferred)
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Financial experience including costs, budgets, service contracts and arrears
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Ability to travel between floors and buildings to effectively communicate with the team and customers
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Experience leading a multi-layered team
- Takes initiative and is a proactive leader always focused on continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion for working with people, creating amazing experiences, and leading with a hospitality mindset
- Eager to be a part of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Onsite presence is required for this position.
Tishman Speyer is deeply committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce which promotes different views and perspectives. We expect our leaders and employees alike to champion diversity and inclusion practices. Tishman Speyer has several employee affinity and interest groups that provide employees opportunities to develop professional relationships across the business and identify opportunities for development and advancement.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Tishman Speyer is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status or military status, or any other category protected under applicable law. Tishman Speyer is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Disability Assistance - Tishman Speyer is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to [email protected]