An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Dealer Lending Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Dealer Lending Analyst.
The primary responsibility of this role is to underwrite dealer credit packages for Toyota, Lexus, and Mazda dealers across the country by evaluating multiple packages a month with loan requests ranging from $1 million - $100 million. These loan requests include floorplan lines of credit, real estate loans, working capital loans, and revolving lines of credit.
Reporting to the Dealer Lending Manager, the person in this role will support the Dealer Lending Department’s objective to maintain the portfolio of loans.
What you’ll be doing
Perform financial analysis based on company-prepared financial statements, tax returns, and CPA-reviewed/audited financial statements to determine the Borrower’s liquidity, leverage, and capitalization.
- Provide cash flow analyses for all proposed loans.
- Evaluate, assess, and determine the risk associated with all credit requests and provide the approval authority with appropriate information to support conclusions.
- Evaluate the risk to TFS based on a careful analysis of all financial information, security for proposed loans, and proposed corporate/personal guarantees.
- Review legal structure to determine proper conclusions related to ownership, guaranties, and collateralization. For multi-franchise/corporation requests, consolidate the information into a cohesive, simplified version noting the inter-relationships and potential problem areas.
- Review and analyze documentation related to loan approvals. Review can include buy/sell agreements, LLCs, partnerships, and real estate documentation as well as standard documentation required for new wholesale relationships.
- Consult with Toyota Financial Services (TFS)/Mazda Financial Services (MFS) and Legal to determine any needed correction or modification to documents or approvals to ensure TFS risk management goals.
- Participate in internal projects relating to system enhancement and process improvements.
- Prepare ad hoc reports per request from upper management.
- Portfolio monitoring including financial trends and metrics.
What you bring
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Professional experience in financial analysis of commercial loan documents, including complex organizational structures, cash flow analysis, industry-standard financial ratios/covenants, and establishing loan collateralization.
- Experience in underwriting expertise with automotive dealer borrowers.
Added bonus if you have
- Presentation experience to a credit committee.
- Proficiency using Crowe Navigator.
- Experience with analyzing loan requests to ensure legal compliance and reaching a conclusion as to the risk position of the loan.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our_ _careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to [email protected]