We are a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience to every resident who makes one of our houses or apartments their home. We believe that quality rental housing can unlock life’s potential, and this drives our thinking and our actions every day.
Founded in 1988 and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TCN) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:TCN), Tricon owns over 33,000 single-family and multi-family rental homes across the United States and Canada, which we manage using an integrated technology-enabled operating platform. We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and have significant operations in Orange County, California, as well as approximately 21 other markets with a primary focus in the U.S. Sun Belt.
We strive to be North America’s premier rental housing company. Our business philosophy involves taking care of our team first – empowering them to provide our residents with exceptional service and to positively impact the local communities where we operate. By providing an enhanced living experience, our residents rent for longer periods of time, treat our properties like their own, and share their experience with friends and family. This is how we continue to grow, and it is an approach that has proven to generate positive returns for our investors and shareholders.
Job DescriptionThe Leasing Agent will act as an ambassador of the Tricon brand and function as the primary driver of leasing activity in the market. Leasing Agents are a part of the Property Management team and involved in all aspects of the marketing and leasing of our homes.
- Responsible for all leasing functions, including showing homes, pre-qualifying applicants, gathering complete applications, and structuring leasing packages
- Responsible for all aspects of lead management within current CRM Program including but not limited to appointment confirmation, follow up and documentation, scheduling modifications organization
- Management of individual MLS account activity related to marketing product and managing advertised specials
- Develops relationships with local community and is the brand ambassador for the company
- Represents the company to prospective applicants, real estate agents and brokers in a courteous and professional manner – always putting customer service first
- Complete weekly property inspections on all homes within “vacant unrented” status to confirm quality assurance for showing
- Complete Open Houses as required on Rent Ready homes
- Perform Occupancy Checks, assist with inspections, post notices when needed
- Attend weekly mandatory sales meeting with Portfolio Manager to discuss lead management updates, property inspection updates, interior/exterior recommendations and/or challenges related to leasing
- Meet and/or exceed all monthly and quarterly goals as specified within Leasing Agent Incentive Compensation Plan
- Stay abreast of all market conditions and trends
- Working knowledge of state Multiple Listing Service (MLS) where license applicable
- Knowledge of current Leasing CRM Program “Showpro” and PM Program “Yardi” preferred
- Must possess excellent customer service skills a strong background in organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic financial acumen with ability to use mobile office electronic tools
- Possess the ability to work within team structured environment in efforts to meet both individual and specified team goals
- Ability to effectively reflect company core values throughout interaction with internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma or GED
- ACTIVE REAL ESTATE LICENSE required
- Licensed driver with insured vehicle
- Prior property management experience, preferably in single family residences
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel is a plus
At Tricon Residential, we know that the best ideas happen when people bring their uniqueness to work with them. Inclusion is an integral part of how we leverage that uniqueness into our Company. Supporting Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is not only the right thing to do; it is the right thing to do for our business.