The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:Provide support to and strengthen the effectiveness of leaders and teams to which analyst is primarily aligned. Responsible for providing research and analysis, development of related materials, and support of underwriting and portfolio management pipeline or other projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. As a part of the deal team, responsible for authoring annual reviews and assisting in the development of credit underwriting thesis of new and existing transactions. Acts as author and creates initial view of risk based on experience and skills. Prepares the nCino packages and is responsible for spreading financial statements and risk ratings. 50%
2. Synthesizes vast amounts of data to build financial models based on client profile, industry dynamics, cost pressures, etc. related to deal in order to assess financial wherewithal to repay. 20%
3. Develops risk view and translation into risk rating models to reflect risk in deal in terms of probability of default/loss given default across the risk spectrum. 10%
4. Conducts industry specific research and analysis is support of client support activities such as client presentation development and term sheets. 10%
5. Responsible for completing regulatory and compliance activities and data accuracy in the portfolio. 10%
6. Span of Control (include # direct reports): Span of control includes no direct reports, but encompasses regular communication with Portfolio Management teammates, Relationship Managers, Credit Risk Managers, Credit Review partners, Clients, Technology, and other internal and external audit and examiner
7. Decision-Making and Autonomy: Teammates in this role are charged with providing independent current and forward looking risk view on clients within the assigned clients/prospects and portfolio. They author independent risk recommendations including, but not limited to; risk rating, compliance, underwriting, which are reviewed and coaching provided as needed. Depending on the level of the deal, the recommendation is finally approved by ultimate risk approval officer.
8. Problem Complexity: Moderate to complex.
9. Leadership / Influencing / Negotiating / Persuading: Yes, teammates in this position are required to develop an independent point of view and provide recommendations to appropriate decision makers.
10. Project or Program Management: Yes. This position runs ad hoc projects generally associated with regulatory, risk, and compliance issues.
11. Nature and Area of Impact, including Risk: This position could impact/touch all elements of risk faced by the Bank. Key risk drivers are credit and operational.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics
2. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Strong work ethic and competitive drive. Solid leadership and interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Intermediate PC skills including standard Microsoft Office products and database applications.
3. Proficiency with Truist systems and processes
4. General understanding of accounting
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify