Education / Experience
The Manager Real Estate will manage, support, and execute on all of UTI’s real estate activities and strategies, including portfolio management, lease administration, property acquisition and disposition, property management and construction project administration.Responsibilities:
- Serve as central corporate contact point for all property, construction project and lease related activities, including landlord/tenant communications.
- Review, abstract, maintain and communicate critical information from leases and lease related documents such as amendments and estoppels for use by Finance, other UTI business groups and third parties.
- Monitor and manage real estate tax obligations including interactions with taxing authorities, Finance department and third-party consultants.
- Manage, oversee, and audit all lease and property related charges including CAM, utilities, and insurance.
- Organize, develop, and manage the construction administration process, including requests for proposal, budgeting and budget tracking, contractor/vendor payment processing and tenant improvement allowance tracking.
- Support all acquisition and disposition transactions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a facilities maintenance program to create consistency in capital expenditures and maintenance standards.
- Develop new or improve existing systems/processes for successful completion of all deliverables, including participation in the selection and implementation of a real estate point or enterprise solution.
- Establish and maintain a high-performance team of professional, motivated, and engaged staff utilizing effective training, performance management and career-development activities while leading them to achieve established business results and performance metrics.
- Recognizes and rewards employee contributions and achievements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience
- Business degree or any other degree in related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in a corporate real estate environment required.
- Established record of interdepartmental collaboration experience preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of Project management experience a plus.
- Paralegal experience a plus.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective collaborator.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to review, edit and draft real estate transaction documents.
- Basic working knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential.
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn, and reason for entire workday.
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds or less 5% of the workday.
- May require about 5% of overnight travel.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
- Remote work permitted with ability to report to home office in Arizona on occasion.