Real Estate Services (RES) at the University of Colorado Boulder welcomes applications for the Real Estate Specialist position! This role is the central hub for the RES department, providing accounting and administrative support, preparing and distributing leases and contracts, and collaborating with other RES department members on general property management responsibilities. Excellent customer service is essential to this role, as the Real Estate Specialist is the first point of contact for clients and tenants. This position will work closely with the Real Estate Manager, Assistant Director, Senior Financial Analyst, Leasing and Development Associate, and Executive Director of the RES. Ideal candidates will already have a working knowledge of real estate, though this role has excellent opportunities to learn and grow on the job.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Real Estate Services (RES) is responsible for managing 13 properties located on the main and east campuses. We also own and manage six student rental units in the Grandview Terrace neighborhood adjacent to main campus.
RES is under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor of Infrastructure & Sustainability, and follows University policies and procedures and provides oversight for state leases and other real estate contracts. This process includes statutory approval of all leases; coordination with the state’s contracted real estate brokers; and maintaining the inventory of University-owned and leased property.
While leasing and property management are the largest day-to-day responsibilities of RES, other activities include real estate acquisitions, long-term planning, negotiation and execution of rights-of-way and easements, etc.
The RES management team is on site and ready to serve. Our goal is to deliver quality management services and to develop a mutually rewarding relationship with our customers.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Assists with the marketing and leasing of properties.
- Creates and follow through on work orders assuring resolution of issue.
- Assists with drafting leases, MOUs, and other agreements and contracts.
- Supports monthly property inspections.
- Updates weekly/monthly operations reports.
- Maintains and updates COI’s on as needed.
- Maintains thorough understanding of all properties in RES scope.
- Prepares and distributes agreements and appropriately files completed agreements into document management systems ProLease
- Tracks, updates and completes checklist, FAMIS, ProLease, and all necessary forms and files
- Ensures all tenant contact information is accurate.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings as needed.
- Drafts correspondence, mailings, and emails as needed
- Maintains RES website.
- Prepares newsletters, memos and correspondence as directed regarding building holidays, upcoming events, etc.
- Proactively provides administrative and clerical assistance to support office.
- Creates cash receipts for payments received according to CU cash management policies.
- Creates and process all invoices, tracks and enters all rent received, and assists with journal entries.
- Creates expense reports and assists with monthly financial reporting.
- Maintains files for all agreements, project files and ensure completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation
- Ensures compliance level of management audit is maintained and prepares all files and records in preparation for the audit annually
- Acts as an effective liaison with tenants and provides outstanding customer service
- Ensures that all correspondence is answered with the appropriate and accurate RES response.
- Greets guests and visitors to the management office and effectively manages their concerns through a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Maintains an excellent customer service relationship with tenants and departments.
What You Should Know
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees are responsible for providing proof of vaccination or receiving a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This is a predominantly in-person position but certain tasks may be done remotely following the training period.
- This position will occasionally need to operate a University vehicle.
What We Can Offer
- Salary range is $48,000 - $55,000.
What We Require
- Three years of general experience in property management or real estate office.
What You Will Need
- Proficient digital literacy including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, dependability, and be highly accountable and responsible.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in commercial property management.
- Knowledge of real estate accounting, journal entries, and operations software.
- Experience in customer service.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by July 4, 2022, for consideration.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]