Henley Business School (University of Reading) is seeking to appoint 4 new academic faculty members at different levels to strengthen our world-leading department of Real Estate and Planning in this new phase of expansion. In particular we are seeking to appoint:
- 1 Associate Professor in Real Estate
- 1 Professor / Associate Professor in Urban Economics https://jobs.reading.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=10463
- 2 Lecturers (Assistant Professors in the US system) in real estate / real estate finance and economics https://jobs.reading.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=10459
Particularly for the position of Associate Professor in Real Estate, we are seeking to appoint an an active researcher starting to develop some seniority in the field, with an established record of internationally recognised publications. Within the department, Henley Business School and the University of Reading there will be plenty of opportunities to develop and carry out original and impactful research supported by effective mechanisms of resource allocations. We provide the environment for researchers to work collaboratively as well as individually. We have a vibrant student community (incl. 20+ PhD students), and the successful candidate will teach and lead modules, across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. We have also recently added an ExecEd offer, with opportunities to engage with business and policy makers.
As our teaching approach is normally research led, we are particularly keen to receive applications with from individuals with a research focus in one or more areas of real estate development, such as:
- Appraisal and finance
- Development Process and Management
- Developer, investor and occupier markets
- Pricing of optionality features
However, given the wider recruitment round signalled by the advertised positions mentioned above, we are also considering profiles with research interests in other areas such as (and not restricted to):
- Commercial real estate markets and assets
- Sustainability, environmental and social governance
- Land markets and pricing
You will have:
- A PhD in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or Management.
- A proven track record of internationally recognized research
- Demonstrable skills in high-quality teaching in one (or more) of the areas above
- Experience in leadership roles in research and/or teaching
Key documents in your online application
- A Supporting Statement including:
- Why you apply for this position and what makes you an outstanding candidate.
- How you will contribute to the Department of Real Estate and Planning and Henley Business School
- A concise research statement with your short- and long-term plans.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a publication record.
Separate to your online application please email one lead published article as an example of research quality (in PDF format) to [email protected] before the closing date.
Please refer to job description at the end of this page for further details
Presentations and Inteviews to be held on 20 June.
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
+44 (0) 118 378 8178
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Job reference: SRF41058
Location: Whiteknights Reading UK
Closing date: 06/06/2022
Job live date: 19/04/2022
Salary: £53,348 to £60,022 per annum
Employment type: AR-Academic (Professor)
Department: Henley Business School
Division: Real Estate & Planning
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE
Employment Basis/Type: Full time, Permanent