Why Vacasa Real Estate
Vacasa is the largest vacation rental management firm in North America, and we're bringing our extensive industry expertise and data-driven approach to the specialized market of vacation rental real estate. We're obsessed with providing an amazing end-to-end experience for consumers looking to buy or sell a short-term-rental, changing how people buy and sell vacation homes. Vacasa's culture celebrates innovation, accountability, empathy and growth. We iterate rapidly, own our destiny and collaborate intensively. Driven, we set the bar high and push ourselves and our teams to improve and progress. We're looking for people who are excited to embody our values every day as part of the team.
What we're looking for
Our Real Estate Team is growing rapidly and looking for a dynamic Director of Real Estate. In this role you will bring leadership, strategic direction, and contribute to innovation within a national brokerage in vacation destination markets across the United States. You will lead a team of sales and compliance brokers providing game changing real estate services in vacation rental markets.
You must have strong business acumen, combined with a sense of urgency to succeed at a high level. You should be comfortable in a leadership role and possess a high degree of integrity. You must be able to demonstrate skills in accountability for keeping direct reports focused on the goals of the business, specifically activities related to growth, executing on business initiatives, controlling expenses, achieving high levels of productivity, and focusing on key performance indicators.
In this role you will have the opportunity to travel to vacation destinations to meet team members, evaluate market conditions, gain an understanding of local market challenges, and when needed participate in recruiting high producing broker/team leaders.
What you'll do
- Provide leadership to a regional team of sales and compliance brokers operating in multiple states.
- Provide strategic direction supporting brokerage operations, expansion, and compliance.
- Be responsible for brokerage and property management growth and operational KPI's
- Proactively communicate and engage with other leaders within Vacasa to ensure cross department alignment.
- Recommend solutions to improve customer (buyers/sellers/agents) satisfaction while raising team productivity, improving retention, and increasing overall revenue from real estate sales and property management.
- Up to 25% travel to vacation rental markets
Skills you'll need
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education and experience
- A minimum of 7 years of brokerage management
- Previous multi-office brokerage experience (multi-state preferred)
- Must be a licensed real estate broker
- Extensive knowledge of independent and/or franchise real estate brokerage operations
- Proficient in Microsoft and/or Google suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proven ability to lead remote teams in a corporate environment
- Strong oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to analyze data to support business decisions
- Public speaking and large group facilitation experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical, relationship building/interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in property management and/or vacation rentals
Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MT, NC, NH, NM, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
You'll be working in your home office setting. We hold virtual training sessions and weekly team meeting. Occasional offsite team meetings in your region or our HQ locations. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients, and the ability to build confidence with prospects.
- $85,000 - $90,000 DOE plus additional bonus opportunities
What you'll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you'll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver's license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.