Summary Description: This position is a tactical business partner responsible for performing various cross functional project support duties, procurement and designated accounting functions to support the teams in New Units, Enhancements, Property Management and the Real Estate Segment. This position collaborates with the internal and external stakeholders with participation in projects across the Real Estate Segment.
- Proactively creates and maintains delivery schedules and tracking for all Real Estate projects and/or projects assigned.
- Processes a high volume of Purchase Orders for New Units for architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, and interior design materials required for New Unit projects.
- Processes ad hoc Purchase Orders for Enhancements (remodels) as needed for equipment purchases, replacements, and vendor installing fees using PMWeb and JDE systems.
- Uploads project schedules using PMWeb software. Collects information from Project Management, Construction, Design and Property Management teams to update projects schedules and timeline documentation for building constructions, enhancement projects completion levels, equipment install using, permitting or contracting.
- Retains proposals/contracts from vendors; request proposal or service agreements when necessary. Establishes anticipated delivery from vendors, review proposal terms, escalate delays with cross-functional teams as needed.
- Performs follow-up with vendors on install of equipment in anticipation of New Unit timelines. Configures problem resolution methods by tapping into available resources to attain the timely availability of equipment.
- Accountable for making detailed notes, tracking and documenting process disruptions and changes pertaining to construction and remodel projects as well as supplier inventory shortages, equipment recalls or warranty expirations. Tracks and revises P.O.s with new dates after receiving change requests in PMWeb.
- Provides briefings to Construction Management and Project Managers with materials and activities necessary in supporting the development process. Tracks multi-state permits for units. Informs stakeholders of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) building compliance/status, upcoming inspection dates, 30 or 90 day window to bring up-to-code, etc.
- Responsible for creating and distributing weekly systemwide reports informing on New Unit developments. Creates and organizes documentation pertaining to Construction and Enhancement Remodels from report results. Develops weekly reports for internal Leadership visibility tracking ticket resolution matters.
- Runs reports monitoring Real Estate ticket progress using Footprint software; monitors ticket resolution, or action items needed to resolve Property Management items for units. Prints and distributes Property Management reports to appropriate stakeholders.
- Arranges weekly pre-construction meetings with internal stakeholders and Senior Leadership reviewing project status contracts, taking meeting minutes, and recording action items to be uploaded in PMWeb. Contributes input with knowledge-sharing and process improvement ideas. Assists with preparing written and visual presentations. Organizes agendas and property packages, coordinates luncheon plans, etc.
- Handles packages, parcel and expedited contracts; distributes Property Management and Real Estate Segment mail. Handles time sensitive contracts, applies extensive knowledge of contract deadlines and terms to expedite; electronically stores records, and tracks mailed shipments.
- Serves as subject matter expert, responds to internal and external requests for information on properties including lease agreements, contracts, warranties, permits, city ordinances, etc. Retrieves documentation upon request.
- Closely reviews revolving invoices; audits Common Area Maintenance (CAM) charges and landlord-billed tax charges. Performs weekly internal quality assurance reviews for payment distribution to contractors and major suppliers made from JDE system.
- Accountable for communicating maintenance requests. Utilizes expertise to determine who to disseminate requests to. Directs internal corporate properties to MSC technicians or equipment vendor when issue is under warranty. Performs follow-up to ensure repairs are made in accordance to customer satisfaction. Escalates unresolved warranty issues with vendor directly.
- Interfaces with Accounts Payable at project end using COR360 for financial reconciliations. Matches Purchase Orders totals to invoiced charges. Identifies discrepancies or variances in pricing. Performs final accounting for assigned construction projects.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent or equivalent work experience
- Experience in building or construction-related business support highly beneficial
- 3+ months’ of experience necessary
- Experience in handling multiple administrative tasks
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, vendors and co-workers and foster a team environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (as applicable)
- Proficiency in PMWeb, COR360 software
- Ability to communicate well with the department and general public
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Skilled in professionally handling exposure to personnel information, financial data and sensitive company information
- Elementary knowledge of practices and procedures in a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
WORKING CONDITIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Expected to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
- Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and work outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Some travel, both locally and long distances, (including air travel), to worksites, meeting sites, and other locations may be necessary