Wood Residential has an immediate opening for a highly experienced Leasing Specialist. We are an award-winning, full-service, multifamily property manager and an affiliate company of Wood Partners, a group of limited liability companies. Wood Partners is a national leader in the development, construction, and management of apartment communities across the United States.
It's a great place to work! Wood Residential offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, we provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, paid sick time, paid company holidays, job training programs, and paid vacations.
As a Leasing Specialist, you start your day by reviewing the contact leads supplied to you and following up with individuals you have previously met. While this is a sales role, most of your leads come from Wood Partners call center, walk-ins, phone calls or responses to your advertising. Combining the best of inside sales and outside sales, your role is to build a professional relationship with prospective residents, matching their needs to Wood Partners properties.
Additionally, as a Leasing Specialist, you will
- Show apartments and answer prospective residents' questions about pricing
- Market the property efficiently and effectively to ensure a high level of traffic and implement aggressive sales techniques to ensure a high (over 33%) closing ratio
- Prepare and organize resident documentation, including lease agreements
- Verify applications and follow up on applications including resident screening
- Consistent follow up on prospects and leads<
- Coordinate with the marketing team to place online ads and ensure signage is correctly positioned
- Maintain prospect records using proprietary online tools
- Walk vacant units to ensure property and unit upkeep and readiness for leasing
- Oversee the move in process
- Ensure curb appeal and upkeep of property, amenity and resident areas
- Ensure a high level of customer service, retention and satisfaction by helping to resolve ongoing resident issues
Our Leasing Specialists share common passions - confidence, creativity and organization. Combining confidence and creativity, our Leasing Specialists reach out to attract new residents, determine their needs, address those needs and then close the sale. Your organizational skills enable you to juggle multiple prospects, existing residents, walk-ins and follow ups all in stride within the course of your day. While we look forward to teaching you about property management and leasing units, we need you to bring your confidence, creativity and organizational skills to Wood Partners along with:
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating verbal and written expression, active listening and ability to maintain interpersonal relationships
- Ability to identify strengths & weaknesses of alternative sales approaches
- Prioritization & organization of time and customers
- Experience operating computer systems, specifically Microsoft Office Suite and property management systems, Yardi
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including early evenings, weekends and holidays
- Successful Sales Specialists have come from retail, customer service, hospitality, finance and real estate
Wood Residential is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, familial status, marital status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site due to a disability, please contact Human Resources by e-mail [email protected] or telephone at (404) 965-0359 to request and arrange for accommodations.