At YBS, we’re here to do what’s right. Not just for our members who use our savings and mortgage products. But for our communities, our society, and our world. And it all begins with our people.
We’ve created the kind of workplace where you can make a difference. It’s somewhere you can put purpose ahead of profit. Where you can balance commerciality with conscience. Where you can focus on growing, developing, learning, and progressing. Where you can be your best.
And where you can do the right thing - for you, your career, and your future.
About the role
In this rewarding role you will be afforded a real opportunity to progress your skills, your career and will be suitably rewarded as you grow in your role.
Provide excellent customer service by being the first point of contact for our customers who find themselves in financial difficulty
- Support customers with empathy to understand their individual needs and circumstances
- Offer individual solutions which support keeping customers in their homes
- Support customers through the full journey which may result in litigation activity
- Make informed decisions on the progress of accounts within an agreed framework
- Create impactful and informative written communications to encourage customers to work with us
You’ll spend much of your day communicating over the phone and by email with customers and other colleagues, so strong communication skills and an ability to quickly build relationships are essential.
Customer service experience is also important, as you’ll play an important part in helping us provide the best possible service to our customers and because things can change fast and often, you’ll have excellent attention to detail, lots of resilience, and a genuine ability to take setbacks in your stride.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and resilience with the ability to recognise the powerful emotions in customers during distressing times and have the ability to handle these situations calmly
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- The ability to effectively build relationships
- The ability to make decisions within an agreed framework
- A passion for wanting to engage with customers and flexibility to seek solutions in complex situations
- Experience of Mortgage Arrears Management is valuable but not essential as full training to fulfil this role will be provided. What is essential is a passion for learning and a desire to offer real help to our customers.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals, we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us, you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.